Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fancy Chicken

I seem to have a thing for birds all of a sudden. I participated in a swap on Craftster (one of many!), and was asked by my swap partner to do a piece of art that related to her farm. She sent me several photos, and when I saw the picture she sent of her chicken, "Nugget", I fell in love. I wanted to do something fun for her, as obviously anyone who names a chicken "Nugget" is someone with a good sense of humor. So here's Nugget, the party chicken, on an 8" by 8" canvas:

The block of type at the bottom is the definition of the word "nugget", carefully torn from an old dictionary. I hope Nugget approves.

I just sent out another swap package today. I'll post some of the items I sent once the package is received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...