Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hanging junk&stuff

I'm always attracted to displays of any kind. I love busy shelves where there's lots to look at. 7Gypsies makes this great shallow tray that resembles a printer's box. Mine is a work in progress, but it currently holds atcs, altered matchboxes, and little trinkets and knick knacks. I made three of the atcs, the red matchbox and the little house shrine sitting on top, but everything else was made by some good friends at Craftster.org and Alpha Stamps. I love this because I can add, subtract, and move things around whenever I feel like fiddling with it. It's constantly changing.
I wish I could remember everyone who sent cards, but I do know that there is art there from knickertwist (the lovely "in the woods" tin on the top row, and the little cat block next to it) and  amaryllisroze (the crazy housewife atc and the altered matchbox on the middle row), plus there are atcs from Stifflersmom and goatgoddess, among others. The "celebrate" star was a gift from my sister. Thanks, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I really like this! It's so fun. Also, I am having an ART giveaway over at my blog, so feel free to stop by!
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/02/quilted-night-sky-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so fancy to have my junk hanging about your house :P I think I might need to get me one of those drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaclyn! I'll check it out.


    And knickers, you DO need one. I'll even send you some junk to put in it. That little metal man in the bottom left corner is also from you. I just love him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad is it that I don't remember what's in that matchbox?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, it's a clown head, what else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're about 1/2" deep. I used a little Plastic Tack on the 3D parts to keep them from falling off. The star is glued on with some E6000.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...