Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

R.I.P.: Tombstones for Halloween

I love it in August when it's time to start thinking about, and crafting for, Halloween. Alpha Stamps is now carrying wonderful ATC-sized masonite tombstones. They are nice and sturdy, and there are five different tombstones in a package. Here's what I did with some of mine, using images from Alpha Stamps collage sheets:
I started out by covering each of the tombstones with pages from an old book, and then inked around the edges. For the first two I did, I thought it would be fun to picture the deceased, and give a little hint into what caused their untimely demise.

The woman on the left was poisoned by a spider, poor dear. I used a clear stickers of spider webs and a spider along with her image. An old metal ruler makes a nice base along the bottoms of all these tombstones. The unfortunate spider bite victim is so pale, and her all white outfit made her seem ghostly, so that's the way she's now remembered.

The gentleman suffered a vampire attack. He probably won't be in his grave for long; if you look closely, you will see he has been turned, and is already beginning to bear his fangs. I added his tiny fangs with a little dab of white paint. The bats flying around his head are chipboard, so they're nice and sturdy.

And what's Halloween without Edgar Allan Poe? I made a Poe memorial out of one of the tombstones. I used an oval wooden frame painted black and spritzed with copper Glimmer Mist to set off his portrait, and then added some bronze roses to encircle the frame. A couple of ravens have come by to pay their respects.

I have two more tombstones to play with. Whom shall I kill off next?

8 comments:

  1. These are great Kristen! I love Poe used in halloween items but I think my favorite is the spider bite victim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you on Pinterest via one of the other pinners I follow. I absolutely love your stuff!!! You are truly inspiring me. I will most definitely check out your Etsy store!! Craft on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Can't wait to make some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! I loved them and pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow weee woman your work just blows me away.
    I love these atc's. They are gorgeous and well done.
    From the day I recieved the bird house prize it has not left my mantle. Nor do I see it leaving there for a while.
    I am so proud of that piece. Thank you again.
    You Rock. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! These really were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, as always. These shapes would be good for dinner table placecards, too. Gotta get me some.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...