Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I really loved having a banner on my mantel at Halloween, so I decided to make one for Thanksgiving as well. I was going to write the word "thankful", but that just seemed so long. I decided to make more of a fall banner instead. One with no letters in it!

I cut each flag pennant out of shirt cardboard, and then layered them with scrapbook paper and green paper ribbon. I used my trusty Martha Stewart paper scorer to make the medallions (thanks, Martha!). The adorable acorn buttons and tiny clothespins came from Alpha Stamps, as did the oak leaf cutouts and tiny pinecones. I put a butterfly on one of the pennants just for fun.

One more view:

And just for fun, a little something I made with more leaf cutouts. I have no idea what this is or what I will do with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...